- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia), cut into thin slivers
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Italian-style seasoned croutons
- 3 slices provolone cheese
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sweet onion and red onion in melted butter until softened, about 10 minutes. Cook and stir garlic into onion mixture until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour beef stock, brandy, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cook soup on High for 4 to 5 hours.
Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
Ladle the soup into 3 oven-proof bowls; top with croutons and a slice of Provolone per bowl.
Broil in the preheated oven until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 3 minutes.