- 1/2 red onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups ice water, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) can light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 sprig parsley, stemmed and leaves minced
- 4 leaves fresh basil, rolled and very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 cup Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
Soak red onion in a bowl of ice water in refrigerator to remove strong taste, at least 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
Sign up now and get up to
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix onion, pasta, tuna, celery, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, parsley, basil, capers, and Greek dressing together in a large bowl. Allow to marinate in refrigerator, 4 hours to overnight.