- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed hearts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
Pour applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and maple extracts, hemp hearts, and chia seeds into a slow cooker. Stir until well combined; add oats and pecans and stir again.
Sign up now and get up to
Cook the granola in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours, venting the lid slightly. If you smell the granola cooking, it's time to stir. Keep an eye on it or it will burn if not stirred occasionally.
Pour the finished granola onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!