- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 2 quarts water
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 meaty ham bone
- 1 cup leftover ham meat from bone, chopped
- 3 cups water, or as needed to cover
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Soak lima beans in 2 quarts of water in a large bowl for 8 hours or overnight. The next day, drain the lima beans and place into a slow cooker with onions, ham bone, and ham. Pour in 3 cups of water or as needed to cover. Place lid on the cooker, set to High, and cook for 3 hours.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir in Cajun seasoning, black pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper; set cooker to Low and cook until the beans and meat are very tender, about 4 more hours.