- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon (such as Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir onion and red bell pepper into sausage; cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
Pour water into the pot; add Swiss chard, chicken bouillon, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle soup with Parmesan cheese before serving.