- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
Stir white wine, lime juice, water, olive oil, thyme, cilantro, black pepper, marjoram, and dill together in a bowl; pour into a large sealable plastic bag; add pork loin, squeeze air from the bag, and seal bag. Assure pork loin is completely covered in marinade and put bag in a bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Marinate pork in refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove pork loin from marinade, shake to remove excess liquid but allow any herbs sticking to meat to remain.
Sear pork loin in hot skillet until browned completely, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to the crock of a slow cooker.
Pour chicken broth over the pork loin. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onion around the meat in the slow cooker crock.
Cook on High until the meat is tender, at least 4 hours.