- 1 1/4 cups finely ground cornmeal
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Mix cornmeal, cream-style corn, clams, onion, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl until batter is thoroughly combined. If batter is too thick, stir in milk, about 1 tablespoon at a time.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per fritter and gently drop into the hot oil; deep-fry in small batches of 3 or 4 fritters until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain fritters on paper towels.