- 6 slices lower-sodium bacon
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 30 Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste (optional)
Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, retaining grease in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
Sign up now and get up to
Cook and stir onion in the bacon grease over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until Brussels sprouts are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season Brussels sprouts mixture with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle bacon over Brussels mixture and stir. Remove skillet from heat, transfer Brussels sprouts mixture to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.