- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed, stems removed
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then onions. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, and egg. Mix well, then add spinach mixture. Stir thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread mixture into pastry-lined pan. Cover with second circle of pastry. Trim and seal edges. Cut steam vents in top.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.