- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 7 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
To Make Chicken Mixture: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute green onion and garlic until soft; stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup picante sauce. Heat through, then set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
To Make Rice: In a large saucepan, bring rice and remaining 2 1/4 cups broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups picante sauce, cover and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
To Assemble Burritos: Stir chicken mixture into rice, then add olives and 2 cups of the cheese. Mix well. Spoon 1 cup of filling onto each tortilla, off center. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up. Arrange filled tortillas in two 9×13 inch baking dishes and sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.