- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces pancetta bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts (water-packed), quartered
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in pancetta, and cook until browned. Remove to paper towels.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into skillet. Stir in onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Increase heat to medium high, pour in white wine; cook about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, stir in chicken, artichoke hearts, and spinach. Cover, and cook to warm through.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add orzo pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and stir into chicken mixture.
Stir pine nuts and balsamic vinegar into pasta.