- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine flour, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, baking powder, and dates; mix well.
Add eggs (see Cook's Note) and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into bars or squares.