- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups small cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups 1/2-inch diced seedless watermelon
- 1 ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 thin lime slices
To make pickled onions, combine the thinly sliced red onion and the red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Cover; chill for at least one hour.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour the orange juice into a large salad bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and orange zest; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Toss the cantaloupe, watermelon, and mango in the dressing. Just before serving, stir in the pickled onions and cilantro leaves.
Cut the avocados into 1/2 inch dice; place in a small bowl. Sprinkle with the lime juice, and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir lightly to combine. Spoon an even amount of avocado into the bottom of 6 large martini or wine glasses. Top avocado with melon salad; garnish each salad with a lime slice.