- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, and garlic together in a large bowl; drop beef slices into the mixture and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
Sign up now and get up to
Marinate beef in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade.
Thread beef slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Cook skewers on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.