- 6 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cups castor sugar or superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 fresh peach – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). You will be turning the temperature down to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) when you put this in to bake. Line a 9 or 10 inch round glass dish with parchment paper.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine the egg whites and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer, or stand mixer using a whisk attachment until able to form soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time while continuing to whip to stiff peaks. Stir in the vanilla and vinegar, and fold in coconut if using. Spread evenly into the prepared glass dish, making sure to spread out to all of the edges.
Place the Pavlova into the oven, and immediately reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top is crisp and a pale straw color. Leave in the oven, and turn off the heat. Let it stay in the oven until the oven has cooled completely.
Once the Pavlova is cooled, top generously with sweetened whipped cream. Arrange the strawberries, kiwis, peaches and blueberries in beautiful concentric circles on top.