- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers, or to taste
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large cast-iron skillet.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; beat sour cream and eggs into cornmeal mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir cream-style corn, onion, vegetable oil, and jalapeno peppers into batter.
Pour half the batter into prepared cast-iron skillet; spread 1 cup Cheddar cheese over batter. Pour in remaining batter and spread remaining 2 cups Cheddar cheese on top.
Bake in the preheated oven until set and the cheese topping is melted and browned, about 45 minutes.