- 10 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped (reserve oil)
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the angel hair pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken strips until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Pour reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes into the skillet; cook and stir asparagus in the oil until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add yellow and red bell pepper strips; cook and stir an additional 2 minutes.
Lightly toss the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cooked pasta into the skillet with chicken and vegetables; stir in pesto sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese to serve.