- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- To serve:
- Cooked basmati rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Mango chutney
Mix spices in small bowl. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken; stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thick, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice. Pass chutney separately.