- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch square pan.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to onion; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool onion mixture slightly.
Mix onion mixture, zucchini, eggs, carrot, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Stir cornbread mix and milk into onion-zucchini mixture; pour into the pie crust. Pinch pie crust edges down into the pan until 1/4-inch from the top. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese over the filling.
Bake in the preheated oven until pie is set in the middle and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.