- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled Danish blue cheese
- 2 cups arugula
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated. Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.