- 4 (3 ounce) fillets cod fillets
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 cup high-protein crisp rice and wheat cereal (such as Kellogg’s Special K), crushed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
Season each cod fillet with 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Squeeze one lime half over each fillet.
Sign up now and get up to
Spread the crushed cereal into a wide, shallow bowl. Gently press cod fillets into the cereal to coat and shake gently to remove loose, excess crumbs. Place breaded fillets onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Fry coated in the hot oil until the bottom is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the fillets, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking until golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes more.