- 6 cups turkey broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and sliced
- 1 (3 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 pound cooked turkey, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup clamshell mushrooms, separated
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chili oil, or more to taste
Combine turkey broth, lemongrass, ginger, cilantro stems, lime leaves, and red pepper flakes in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until flavors blend, 20 to 30 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stain broth mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discard vegetables, and return broth to the pot.
Stir turkey, mushrooms, fish sauce, and palm sugar into broth; simmer until mushrooms are tender and turkey absorbs broth flavor, about 15 minutes.
Pour coconut milk, lime juice, green onions, and cilantro leaves into broth. Bring soup to a simmer and drizzle in chili oil.