- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning blend (such as Tony Chachere’s), or to taste
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 25 sugar snap peas, chopped
- 10 small spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste (optional)
Sprinkle chicken pieces with Cajun seasoning.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk chicken broth, cornstarch, and 3 teaspoons soy sauce together in a bowl until completely blended.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok over high heat. Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and drain any accumulated liquids.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir fry cabbage, snap peas, asparagus, celery, red bell pepper, green onions, and bamboo shoots for 1 minute. Stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
Stir chicken into cabbage mixture. Pour chicken broth mixture over chicken mixture, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add cashews and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Sprinkle with paprika.