- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cook and stir onion in the bacon grease until onion is transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon into onion; bring to a simmer and cook until flavors blend, about 15 minutes.