- 2 cups water
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups green onions, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups fresh shelled green peas
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Heat water to boiling in a medium pot; add potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Add salt, pepper, butter, onions, carrots and green beans; simmer until tender then add peas.
In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half and flour until smooth; stir into the simmering vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly until the soup is slightly thickened. Serve immediately.