- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onions in melted butter until clear, 3 to 4 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour clam juice into the saucepan. Add the potato; bring the mixture to a boil. Cook at a boil until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir heavy cream into the mixture; add clams. Continue cooking until the clams are warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.