- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid white albacore tuna, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
Place green beans, 1/3 cup water and a large pinch of salt in a medium skillet. Cover, turn heat on high, and bring water to boil. Once beans start to steam, set timer and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. (Because the beans cook in such a small amount of water, make sure not to let the skillet run dry. ) Immediately dump them onto a lipped cookie sheet lined with paper towels to cool.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix tuna, white beans, olives and onion in a medium bowl. Whisk together oregano, oil, lemon juice and zest in a medium bowl, then pour over the salad and gently stir to combine.
Adjust seasonings to taste. Arrange a portion of green beans, tuna-bean salad and eggs on each of 4 plates.