- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
Season pork and chicken with salt and pepper and place in a stock pot. Rub with crushed garlic and torn bay leaf, and coat with vinegar (and soy sauce, if using). Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
Sign up now and get up to
Bring meat and marinating liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender. If necessary, add a small amount of water to prevent drying out.
Strain liquid from meat. Return to the stock pot and bring to a simmer. In a skillet, cook and stir meat in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat until brown on all sides, adding remaining 2 cloves of smashed garlic in the last 3 minutes. Add meats to cooking liquid, and continue simmering until slightly thickened. Serve hot.