- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (30 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and Italian sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Sign up now and get up to
Chop carrots and onion in the food processor.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir ground beef-sausage mixture, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, brown sugar, basil, black pepper, and cinnamon into onion mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors have blended, about 30 minutes. Season with salt.