- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed, or more as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick )
- 2/3 cup milk
Combine chicken broth, chicken breast cubes, onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix baking mix and milk in a bowl until dough is sticky; drop golf ball-sized pieces of dough into the soup. Cover pot and cook until dumplings are cooked through, about 10 minutes.