- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 (32 fluid ounce) containers chicken broth, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated minced garlic
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 bunches leeks (white parts with a few of the green tops), chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun-style crab boil seasoning, or to taste
Mix potatoes, 2 containers chicken broth, jalapeno pepper, onion flakes, and minced garlic together in a large pot; bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are softened, about 25 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir remaining carton chicken broth, cream, leeks, paprika, and dry onion soup mix into the mixture in the pot; continue cooking until thickened to your preferred consistency, about 20 minutes.