- 4 cups water
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white rice
Bring water to a boil in a large pot; add chicken breast, leek, onion, carrot, celery, chicken bouillon, thyme, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and shred.
Sign up now and get up to
Return chicken to the pot and stir in chicken broth and rice. Continue to simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally.