- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 onion, halved and each half cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until potatoes and onion are browned and edges are crispy, 15 to 30 minutes.