- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained and pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Heat 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat; saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
In a medium saucepan over high heat, boil cabbage for 10 minutes.
In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish combine onions, mushrooms, cabbage, sauerkraut, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Dot remaining 2 tablespoons butter on top. Cover.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.