- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 pita bread rounds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Mash garlic with the salt in a small bowl. Place into a blender or food processor along with the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, honey, and enough water to cover the beans. Process until smooth. Spoon into a serving dish, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top.
Sign up now and get up to
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush pita breads with remaining olive oil, and cut into wedges. Season with salt and fresh rosemary. Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool, and serve with hummus.