- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausages, casings removed
- 8 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Crumble sausages over onion mixture. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange in a single layer over sausage. Sprinkle with pepper. Pour in vermouth. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and cooked through when pierced.
Sign up now and get up to
Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High, and cover. Cook, stirring 2 to3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes). Season to taste with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.