- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the reserved juice, molasses, soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch. Set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Saute broccoli florets and one can of mandarin oranges until the broccoli is heated through. The oranges will almost dissolve. Stir in the molasses mixture, and continue to cook while tossing the broccoli to coat until the broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat, and toss broccoli with the remaining can of oranges. Transfer to a serving plate, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.