- 2 deep-dish prepared pie crusts (optional)
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place pie crusts into 9-inch pie dishes.
Sign up now and get up to
In a food processor, place the navy beans, evaporated milk, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and egg yolks; pulse the mixture a few times, then process until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crusts.
Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown, an additional 35 minutes. Cool before slicing. Eat warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.