- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, or to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook angel hair pasta at a boil until tender but still slightly firm, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water for later use. Transfer the drained pasta to a large serving bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Place tomatoes in a bowl; season with sea salt and black pepper.
Pour 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil over the tomato mixture and gently toss; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
Cook and stir sliced shallot in the hot oil until just becoming translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir garlic into the shallot; continue cooking and stirring 1 minute more. Remove the skillet from heat.
Assemble the dish by adding the tomato mixture, the shallot and garlic mixture, and the prosciutto to the pasta; toss to combine. Use the reserved water from cooking the pasta to make it easier to mix.
Top the pasta dish with basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to serve.