- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
Heat a skillet over medium heat; pour sesame seeds into the hot skillet. Cook, stirring often, until sesame seeds are lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix carrots, apple, toasted sesame seeds, and parsley together in a bowl.
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl; slowly drizzle safflower oil into lemon juice mixture while continuing to whisk. Pour dressing over carrot mixture; toss to coat.