- 1 (4 ounce) package Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded chicken meat
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes with Mexican spices
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped avocado
- Sliced black olives
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil.
Sign up now and get up to
Add chicken, corn, beans and chilies and heat thoroughly.
Add chicken broth, Idahoan(R) Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes and tomatoes. Simmer for 45 minutes and adjust seasoning (we like it a little bit spicy so we add some hot sauce at this point).
Here's the important part when serving: Crunch up tortilla chips on bottom of the bowl and ladle soup over. Top with diced avocado, sliced olives, shredded cheese, green onions, a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.