- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen potato and cheese filled pierogies, thawed
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, and set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat bacon drippings over medium heat and stir in cabbage and onion; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and bacon; cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare pierogies according to package directions; drain. Combine pierogies with cabbage mixture and serve.