- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups candied cherries, halved
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
Cream the shortening with the brown sugar. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the buttermilk.
Sign up now and get up to
Blend in the flour, baking soda and salt. Once well combined stir in the chopped pecans, candied cherries and chopped dates. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Drop spoonfuls of chilled dough onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes.