- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 cup chopped kale, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or to taste
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper in the hot oil until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir garlic into vegetable mixture and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir chicken stock, black beans, and 1/2 can cannellini beans into vegetable mixture.
Blend remaining 1/2 can cannellini beans in a food processor or blender until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Add kale and apple cider vinegar to vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, 20 to 30 minutes.