- Cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners. Spray liners with cooking spray.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix pumpkin puree, egg, sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
Mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add about half the chocolate chips; stir. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture; stir to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; top with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.