- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Bake chopped garlic in the preheated oven until softened, 5 to 7 minutes, to reduce bitterness. Transfer baked garlic to a food processor and add basil and lemon juice; pulse several times to mince basil leaves.
Place cannellini beans, olive oil, water, tahini, salt, and cumin in the food processor and process until the hummus is smooth. If hummus is too thick, process 1 tablespoon reserved liquid from beans into the mixture. Add artichoke hearts to the hummus and process until smooth.