- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, and garlic for about 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Remove the soup from heat. Blend the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the heavy cream, and continue blending until smooth.