- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3 meatless breakfast patties, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
Sign up now and get up to
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted margarine, egg substitute, and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Fold in the crumbled patties and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in muffin tins on a wire rack.