- 4 cups water, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 carrots, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
Fill a Dutch oven or stockpot about 3/4 full with water; mix chicken base, tarragon, basil, and black pepper into water and bring to a boil. Cook chicken in the boiling broth mixture until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, leaving broth in Dutch oven to simmer. Dice chicken and add it back to the simmering broth.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix rice, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic into simmering broth; cook until rice is tender and soup is thickened, 25 to 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.