- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish and set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir zucchini, apple, eggs, brown sugar, olive oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
Sift whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and baking powder together in a separate bowl; gently stir into the zucchini and apple mixture until fully incorporated. Spoon batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chunks and pepitas over the batter.
Bake in preheated oven until a tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool before slicing.